Super quick to make, sugar free, made with store cupboard ingredients yet STILL packed with taste and full of nutrients.Perfect with a cup of redbush tea in the afternoon…
200g dried dates soaked for fifteen minutes in boiling water
150g mixed nuts
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp maca powder
1 zest of an orange
Juice of ½ an orange
1 tablespoon of honey
Chia seeds or desiccated coconut for rolling (optional)
- Whizz up the nuts in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add in the raw cacao and maca powder and re-whizz to mix.
- Next add the orange zest, juice and tablespoon of honey and whizz to mix.
- Finally drain the dates well and add to the food processor. Mix together until thoroughly mixed. It should resemble a dough that can be formed into balls.
- Roll each ball in chia seeds or desiccated coconut and pop in the fridge for one hour.
- Keep in the fridge for up to three days (if they last that long!).